Best CPU for ARMA 3- Pocket Next
If you are a video game lover then you must know about ARMA 3. If you don’t, let me tell you about this amazing video game.
ARMA 3 is a realism-based, open-world, military tact shooter video game that was developed by Bohemia Interactive. The game takes you to the 2030s on the island of Stratis and Altis in the Aegean Sea and Tanoa. The island consists of realistics view of the water environment and terrain.
Talking about the fights and adventure, ARMA 3 gives you a real war feeling. The most common activities that can be seen are the kilometre marches through different areas. Overall, the video game is very exciting with a lot of things happening around.
Let us see some of the best CPUs that prove to be best for ARMA3.
- 1 Intel Core i5-2300 Processor 2.8 GHz 6MB Cache Socket LGA1155
- 2 AMD HDZ940XCGIBOX Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3.0GHz Cache 8MB AM2+ 125W Processor
- 3 Intel Core i7-7700K Desktop processor 4 Cores up to 4.5 GHz Unlocked LGA 1151 100/200 Series 91W
- 4 AMD FX 4350 Unlocked Quad Core Processor 4.2 4 FD4350FRHKBOX, Black Edition
- 5 Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo Processor 3 GHz 6MB Cache Socket LGA775
Intel Core i5-2300 Processor 2.8 GHz 6MB Cache Socket LGA1155
- Talking about this Intel Core i5-2300 processor, it comes with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 which increases the frequency of the processor as per the need.
- One of the interesting feature this Intel Core i5-2300 processor is that it has the advantage of power and thermal headrooms which most of the CPUs lack
- For improving the performance and reducing the latency, Intel provides Intel Smart Cache that is allocated to every processor core based on the definite workload
- For adding the hardware acceleration to AES algorithms, Advanced Encryption Standards are added. These standards speeds up the execution of the AES applications
- Its integrated memory controller enables two channels of DDR3 1333MHz memory which ultimately results in giving around 21GB/sec memory bandwidth
- The built-in visual feature lets you experience the seamless and stunning quality. Intel Advanced Vector Extensions force the media processing to be fast.
-Name: Core 15-2300
-No. Of cores: QuadCore
-Integrated Graphics: Intel HD graphics 2000
-Operating Frequency: 2.8GHz(3.1 GHz Turbo Boost)
-When combined with an SSD, takes 2-3 seconds to boot the OS
-Instead of stock, it uses Hyper 212 cooling. The temperature remains stable 60 to 61C under full load
-Stock Coolers are bad
AMD HDZ940XCGIBOX Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3.0GHz Cache 8MB AM2+ 125W Processor
- This CPU is designed to enable 32-bit and 64-bit computing with zero degradation in performance. With its Quad Core technology. All the processors run at the same frequency for delivering multi tasking power, carrying out high processing loads. It also includes critical business productivity, serious gaming, complicated modeling and visual design, etc.
- For increasing the communication speed between the circuits in servers, computers, networking, and embedded systems; HT or HTT is used.
- HyperTransport Technology is a low latency, high speed, point to point link designed for this purpose. With the 3.0 technology, AMD Phenom II X4 enjoys the 4000MHz system bus speed.
- This processor is integrated with a DDR2 DRAM memory controller that is capable of supporting ECC DRAM. This memory controller changes the method of the processor accessing main memory that ultimately results in increased bandwidth, enhanced processor performance, and reduced memory latencies.
- The virtualization feature of AMD Phenom II X4 processor enables the support of multiple operating systems. You can also upgrade and maintain your PCs through emulation.
- It’s cool n quiet 3.0 technology effectively lowers the power consumption and enables a silent running system
-Name: Phenom II X4 940
-Operating frequency: 3.0Hz
-Overlocks to 3.6 GHz without any voltage bumps
-IDles at speed at ~30c
-No bent pins
-Runs a bit warm
Intel Core i7-7700K Desktop processor 4 Cores up to 4.5 GHz Unlocked LGA 1151 100/200 Series 91W
- Its new 7th gen Intel core processors will let your PC work seamlessly
- You can enjoy the high definition visual experience with the sharpness and clarity of 4K resolution. You can also play popular games at 720/medium setting at 30 FPS
- With its long battery life of up to 10 hours, you can create, play, and work for a longer span.
- One of the interesting features of this PCis that it provides high security by means of encryption and stores the passwords and payment information in the hardware that are accessible with the biometrics or master passwords.
- The security features include:
Intel Memory Protection Extension for protecting run time integrity of the application.
Intel Software Guard Extensions for protecting the data and system
Intel Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard and Intel Device Protection Technology with BIOS Guard for protecting the system during boot phase
Intel Platform Trust Technology for providing a critical component to help in the protection of boot integrity of the system
- Its Thunderbolt 3 technology lets you connect to almost every device.
- You can get a quick response of 0.5 second if trying to wake the windows with its Intel Ready Mode Technology. For quick switching between the web pages and apps, Intel Speed Shift Technology is used
-No. Of cores: Quad Core
-Integrated Graphics:Intel HD Graphics 630
-Great for gaming and streaming
-Stable 5.0GHz overclock under 1.350V
-Runs a bit hotter
AMD FX 4350 Unlocked Quad Core Processor 4.2 4 FD4350FRHKBOX, Black Edition
- This CPU is featured with world-class operations and premium AMD processors products from the industry leaders like Microsoft, HP, Sony, and Samsung
- With its AMD OverDrive Software you have a high performance curve and configurable power.
- For increasing the parallelism for 3D and scientific apps that uses heavy floating point calculations, this CPU has Advanced Vector Extensions
- The eXtended Operations(XOP) and Floating point vector multiply-Accumulate(FMA4) improves the performance and throughput on many floating point vector functions
- This CPU is designed to improve the security, performance, and reliability of present and future virtualization environments by allowing the virtualized apps rapid access to the allocated memory. The AMD64 has an IOMMU extension that supports address translation and access protection on the DMA transfers. In short, the virtualization software runs more effectively and securely by giving great experience while dealing with the virtual systems.
- This AMD processor comes with the AMD Turbo Core Technology. This AMD Turbo Core Technology works on boosting the performance of the CPU
- AMD Turbo Core Technology pushes the core frequencies of the CPU to the most when you need it most.
-No. Of Cores: Quad Core
-Memory Type: DDR3-1866
-No error or shut down during Prime95 stress test
-Bad stock cooler
Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo Processor 3 GHz 6MB Cache Socket LGA775
- This processor includes dual execution cores within a single processor so that it can execute the parallel apps or threads on separate cores that ultimately results in revolutionary dual-core performance, great system response while running multiple demanding or multi-threaded apps, and processor energy efficiency simultaneously.
- It’s 45nm dual-core technology optimizes the thermal performance so that the noise and power consumption is reduced.
- Intel Advanced Smart Cache Technology allocates the shared L2 cache to every processor core based on their workload.in return, this multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability of each core accessing the data from L2 cache, which ultimately results in reduction of latency for improved performance and frequently used data.
- With the Intel Virtualization Technology, you can have limited downtime, maintained worker productivity, and improved manageability. It also allows to create user environments for multiple family members using same platform at a time
- For adjusting the core frequency and processor voltage, Intel E8400 provides EIST ( Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology ).
- EIST also provides great balance between the conserving power when you don’t need it and providing power when you need it
-Name: Core 2 Duo E8400
-No. Of core: Dual core
-Thermal design power: 65W
-Lightening fast processor
-6MB L2 cache helps you with a lot of games
-problem in chips temperature diodes
Recommended specifications for Arma 3:
- CPU: Intel Core i5, AMD FX 4300 or greater
- HDD: 25 GB free space
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: 64-bit win 7, 8, 10*
- GPU: AMD Radeon, NVIDIA GeForce
- Screen resolution: 800×600 or greater
- DirectX: DirectX 11
If you are playing any game like Arma 3, you must have a good computer for the best experience. The graphics of the game are too good.
As per the recommended specifications, the two CPUs that matches from the list are-
- Intel Core i5-2300 Processor 2.8 GHz 6MB Cache Socket LGA1155
- AMD FX 4350 Unlocked Quad Core Processor 4.2 4 FD4350FRHKBOX
Both of them are pocket-friendly and provide almost everything you need for Arma 3. Make your gaming experience to the fullest with one of these products.
1. Is Arma 3 more CPU or GPU intensive?
It is more CPU than GPU. but if you want a good visual fidelity, you can have a performing GPU
2. Does Arma 3 need a good computer?
Yes. The minimum CPU requirement for the game is Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 and the best CPU requirement is an Intel Core i5-4460. Talking about the game file size, you need a min of 4 GB RAM, but talking in the recommended terms, you must have at least 6 GB